PCI Express Media Acquisition and Compression Board
The LT-124-PCIe is a dual DVI-D video capture board that has the capacity to compress two HDTV video signals in real-time without using the host computer’s CPU resources. The product is installed in an available PCI Express slot on your host system.
This board captures video from digital HD and SD video sources via two industry standard DVI connectors. This is also compatible to the High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI®) 1.4a via an HDMI to DVI adapter.
3D capture and mixing is possible.
The LT-124-PCIe can extract embedded audio from the HDMI stream. The audio and video are always synchronized, in hardware, for lypsync.
The LT-124-PCIe compresses video in compliance with the H.264 and VC-1 standard. VC-1 is an SMPTE standard that is popularly known as WMV (Windows Media). Both these advanced compression formats are widely used in media, medical, streaming, broadcasting, etc., applications.
This powerful board can compress D1 to 1920×1080 (1080p/i) resolution signals at up to 60 frames per second (fps). If resolutions smaller than the source are required, the LT-124-PCIe can downscale the source to any size. The frame rate can also be reduced to any arbitrary value.
Compressed bitrates can vary between 64Kbit/s and 80Mbit/s depending on resolution, frame rate and quality desired.
An uncompressed video capture function is also available for snapshots or continuous raw video acquisition from either or both channels.
An optional DVI loop-though module does exit that can be connected to the LT-124-PCIe via a flat cable. Various processing can be applied to the loop-through video such as On Screen Display (OSD), filtering, alpha blending etc.
An optional DVI output module can be connected to the LT-124-PCIe via a Flexible Flat Cable thus allowing for real time video loop-through. LT-124-PCIe also captures and synchronizes stereo audio with the incoming video thus providing a complete multimedia acquisition and compression solution.
- Real-time HD/SD video acquisition and compression
- Full frame rate HD frame grabber for simultaneous uncompressed video capture
- HDTV 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i compatible
- Very low compression latency
- PCI Express x1 – can be placed into any PCI Express slot
- Synchronized audio capture
- Text overlay prior to compression
- H.264 or VC-1/WMV-HD video codec
- IP or I only encoding
- Bitrates from 64Kbit/s to 80Mbit/s
- Linux support
- Windows, DirectShow, Silverlight, Media Services support
- Use multiple cards for multichannel systems
- HDTV capture and storage
- Digital video recorders
- Video Medical systems
- Endoscopy DVR
- Video surveillance systems
- Internet broadcasting
- Video over LAN
- Inspection systems
- Machine vision video recorders