PCI Express Media Acquisition and Compression Board
The LT-122 is a dual channel 3G/HD/SD-SDI video capture board that has the capacity to compress two HDTV video signals in real-time without using the host computer’s CPU resources. The product is installed in an available PCI Express slot on your host system.
This board captures video from SMPTE compliant SDI video sources via two industry standard BNC connectors. The LT-122 can extract multichannel embedded audio from the SDI stream. For external analog audio capture a stereo jack is provided. The audio and video are always synchronized, in hardware, for lypsync.
The LT-122 compresses video in compliance with the H.264 and VC-1 standard. VC-1 is an SMPTE standard that is popularly known as WMV (Windows Media). Both these advanced compression formats are widely used in media, medical, streaming, broadcasting, etc., applications.
This powerful board can compress D1 to 1920×1080 (1080p/i) resolution signals at up to 60 frames per second (fps). If resolutions smaller than the source are required, the LT-122 can downscale the source to any size. The frame rate can also be reduced to any arbitrary value.
Compressed bitrates can vary between 64Kbit/s and 80Mbit/s depending on resolution, frame rate and quality desired.
An uncompressed video capture function is also available for snapshots or continuous raw video acquisition from either or both channels.
Real-time HD/SD video acquisition and compression
- Full frame rate HD frame grabber for simultaneous uncompressed video capture
- HDTV 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i compatible
- Very low compression latency
- PCI Express x1 – can be placed into any PCI Express slot
- Synchronized audio capture
- Text overlay prior to compression
- H.264 or VC-1/WMV-HD video codec
- IP or I only encoding
- Bitrates from 64Kbit/s to 80Mbit/s
- Linux support
- Windows, DirectShow, Silverlight, Media Services support
- Use multiple cards for multichannel systems